About Phil Jackson, Your Licensed, Certified Home Inspection Specialist
My name is Phil Jackson. I live in the Madison, WI area (McFarland, WI). I am a Certified Professional Inspector® trained by InterNACHI—the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (www.NACHI.org)—which is the world’s largest nonprofit association of residential and commercial property inspectors and provides education, training, certification, benefits, and support for its members. All InterNACHI-Certified Professional Inspectors® are required to pass an Inspector Exam, follow a comprehensive Standards of Practice, abide by a strict Code of Ethics, and take accredited Continuing Education courses each year in order to maintain their membership in good standing.
I have acquired extensive home inspector training through InterNACHI’s rigorous education curriculum, which includes dozens of live classroom, online, and video training courses, written by experts in their field, which have received more than 1,400 accreditations by state and governmental agencies throughout North America.
In order to become certified, I was required to take inspection courses related to the interior and exterior of the home, including the common and major areas of concern for home buyers, such as the foundation, heating and cooling, roof, plumbing, and electrical systems.
Here is the list of InterNACHI courses required for initial certification:
- Safe Practices for the Home Inspector
- 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know
- Residential Plumbing Overview for Inspectors
- How to Perform Residential Electrical Inspections
- How to Perform Roof Inspections
- How to Inspect HVAC Systems
- Structural Issues for Home Inspectors
- How to Inspect the Exterior
- How to Inspect the Attic, Insulation, Ventilation and Interior
- How to Perform Deck Inspections
- How to Inspect for Moisture Intrusion
- How to Inspect Fireplaces, Stoves, and Chimneys
Buying a home is likely the largest financial decision you will make in your lifetime, don’t trust just anyone with your home inspection! If you any have further questions, PLEASE don’t hesitate to contact me!
I look forward to working with you.